The old joint – family system is giving way to smaller family units and families are living away from their native homes in search of work. On the other hand, improved nutrition and advanced medical facilities have increased the life expectancy in India to nearly 70 years. Far more devastating than physical illness to our elders, is lack of purpose and loneliness. Studies have shown over and over that seniors who are engaged in activities they find meaningful are far more likely to retain mental acuity, physical health, and emotional well-being. However, we are completely un-prepared as a society to deal with and take care of the needs of the elderly members of our society. All these factors can leave our elders lonely, vulnerable to illness and malnutrition leading a poor quality of life.
Among the elderly population, we have a large group who are healthy and capable of living independently (or with minimal assistance) with or without family support. On the other end of the spectrum is the group of elders who require hospital-based care for varying periods of time. In between these two groups, are the elders who require assistance with their daily activities (feeding, bathing, toileting, walking etc.) and their medical needs without requiring full-time hospital care. At Pluscare Homes, we aim to assist our elderly residents through this new stage in their lives.
Where would you want to live in your senior years if you needed daily assistance? In your home, of course. Pluscare Homes aims to be that home for assisted living residents, offering skilled medical and nursing care in a respectful, safe, secure and comfortable environment while respecting the individuality and specific needs of each resident. Acknowledging that where they live is their home, and belongs to them, not to the medical staff, our facility will not only meet their medical and physical needs, but will also nourish their social connections, individual dignity, and personal preferences. Pluscare Homes brings together a team of passionate and skilled professionals with an alternative vision of the potential in our elderly family members' later years.
- To provide a safe, secure and comfortable living environment for elders requiring assistance with their daily activities
- To provide a “home away from home” experience for the elderly
- To cater to the physical, psychological and medical needs of the elderly to enable them to lead respectable and dignified lives
At Pluscare Homes, we promote the dignity and self-worth of all our residents, and strive to give them excellent quality of life, as defined by the residents, individually and as a group. To that end, we encourage resident group decision-making, access to all areas of their homes here at Pluscare Homes, and self-determination in activities, socialization, and food preferences. Pluscare Homes is not just a caregiving facility—it is their home, and their community.
Keys to Success
We have identified four keys to success for Pluscare Homes:
- We offer a small-scale, home-model care
- Well trained on-site “Elder Assistants” supervised by a team of nurses, therapists and doctors
- Individualised care for every resident with short-term, long-term and post-surgery / illness rehabilitation models involving varying degrees of physical and medical assistance and rehabilitation programmes.
- Open and transparent communication with residents and their families to ensure appropriate and individualised care.